Sunday, August 3, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy (No Spoilers)

For those of you who saw this trailer, and leaned over to the person next to you and said, "That looks ridiculous," Well, so did I! BUT, I just saw this movie, and thought it was amazing! Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 92%, and I think that was spot on. I liked this movie better than many of the other Marvel movies I have seen, including the Thor and Captain America movies.

Many people have somewhat of a "been there done that" attitude about superhero movies these days, but that is why this one was so refreshing. The script is hilarious, the characters are very inviting and interesting, the plot is tied in with the Avenger's movies well, the cast is star studded, and best of all, it is unlike things you have seen in recent superhero movies. It feels more like a Star Wars/Star Trek type movie with that Iron Man wittiness everyone loves. Chris Pratt was a perfect choice to play the main character, and the supporting cast is just as good. The soundtrack is made up of 80's songs we all know and love, and the computer graphics look awesome.

So if you were doubting when you saw a raccoon with a machine gun partnered up with a tree man, then you were just like me! But that raccoon had more character development then most characters you see in movies these days, and that tree just near made me cry. I highly recommend this movie!