Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Giver Review: No Spoilers

At first glance, The Giver looks like another Divergent/Maze Runner/Hunger Games (all of which I like). However,  I think this movie was different from what the trailer portrayed it to be. The trailer made it seem like an action "run-for-your-life" type movie, but that is not what it is. Though I have never read the book, I loved the movie for its message and theme.  I went in with low expectations due to the 30% it got on rotten tomatoes, but it exceeded my expectations, and I think it deserves a better score.

I think the acting in the movie is all well done, it has really cool music, the message of the movie is awesome, and the filming style is great as well. This isn't necessarily a big-screen blockbuster that you have to spend full price on, but it is definitely worth a see, and it leaves you feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.